Our Leaf Coasters are made from cork and are the perfect coaster for any hot drink. Adults should cut out the cork shapes but children will love to paint these beautiful fall coasters. Fall leaf coasters would make a great addition to you Thanksgiving dinner table.
Materials and Supplies
- Cork that is approximately 3/8" thick (5mm)
- Craft knife
- Black permanent marker
- Red, orange and brown acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Trace the leaf pattern onto the cork using a pen.
- Using a craft knife, cut out the leaf from the cork
- The side of the leaf with the pen marks will be the bottom of your coaster (the side you will not paint). Using brown acrylic paint, paint the sides and top of the stem.
- Using either orange or red acrylic paint, paint the edges and the top of the leaf. Let dry completely.
- Using a black permanent marker, draw vein lines on your coaster as pictured and outline the leaf with a dashed line just inside the edge of the leaf.
Note: Not recommended for cold drinks that are sweating as the water could penetrate through the cork.
- Make a set of 4 coasters, stack them and tie raffia around them to make a nice gift.
- Enlarge the leaf pattern and make a hot pad or two to protect your table during your Thanksgiving feast.