Baby Bottle Bath Salts
Treat your guests to some soothing bath salts in a decorative baby bottle. It makes a unique and useful party favor for any baby shower.
- Empty baby bottle - party size *
- 3/16" Hole punch
- Decorative scissors
- Piece of decorative paper
- Bath Salts
- Two 10" long strands of curling ribbon in one or more colors or a 12" piece of 1/4 " wide ribbon
* These are available at many craft and party stores. The bottle pictured is 4" tall.
- You can use any type of bath salts or powdered bubble bath. Choose ones that look nice and have a color that matches the theme of the baby shower.
- Fill each baby bottle with bath salts and cap it.
- Print out the poem provide here on a piece of decorative paper or velum. Cut apart each poem using decorative scissors if you have them. Punch a hole in the top left corner of the paper. If you use plain paper, shade the edges of the paper with the side of a colored pencil or crayon to add a little color.
- Thread either a 10" piece of 1/4" wide ribbon or two 10" strands of curling ribbon through the hole in the poem and tie it around the neck of the bottle. If using the regular ribbon, tie it in a bow. If using the curling ribbon, them around the neck of the baby bottle in a knot. Curl the ends of the ribbon by pulling them across the blade of a pair of scissors. Care should be taken when doing this and it should be done by an adult. Hint: when threading the ribbon through the hole in the poem, it may be helpful to cut the end of the ribbon on an angle and/or fold the ribbon in half before putting it through the hole.
- For a centerpiece, place enough bottles for all guest seated at the table in a small basket. Tuck tissue paper between the bottles. Tie a matching bow around the basket. This will take care of two things at once, the favors and the centerpieces.
- Instead of threading the ribbon thru a hole in the poem, you can omit making the hole in the paper and instead attach the poem to the front of the bottle with two glue dots, one on each end of the poem.
|This bottle is not for a baby
instead it's our gift to you
So sprinkle these salts in the tub
and relax for a moment or two.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the pattern as it is a PDF.
Back Baby Shower Favors