Patriotic Napkin Rings
- Recycled cardboard tube (from toilet paper or paper towels)
- 2 3/4" Wooden star; one for each napkin ring
- Acrylic paints - red, white, blue
- Paint Brush
- Extra fine tip permanent marker; black and blue
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- To make the three napkin rings pictured, cut the cardboard tube so that you have three rings that are about 1" wide.
- Paint one cardboard ring red, one white and one blue. Be sure to paint the whole ring including the inside. Set aside to dry.
- Paint one wooden star red, one white and one blue. You will need to let one side dry before painting the second side. Be sure to paint the edges of the star. Let dry completely.
- Using the blue permanent marker, make a dashed line close to the edge on the front side of the white star. Do the same for the red and blue stars but use the black marker.
- Glue the blue star to the white ring, the white star to the red ring and the red star to the blue ring. If using the hot glue, just glue and you're done. If you use the tacky glue, you'll need to let the glue dry completely before using. In this case, lay your star face down on your work surface. Put some glue in the center of the star and press the painted ring into the glue. Leave the napkin ring in this position until the glue is completely dry.
Back 4th of July Crafts
Back Napkin Rings