- One piece of tissue paper 16" square or four 4" square pieces of tissue paper
- Dum Dum lollipop
- Floral tape
- Cut out four flower shapes from tissue paper and stack them on top of each other.
- Push the end of a lollipop stick through the center of the flower shapes going through all four layers of tissue. Slide the flowers all the way up the stick to the lollipop and adjust the flower petals so they look nice.
- Using floral tape, wrap the tape around the underside of the flower where the tissue and lollipop come together. Wrap the tape 2 or 3 times around this spot then continue to wrap the tape down the length of the stick and back up again ending with an additional two wraps around where you started. When using floral tape, you need to stretch it slightly as you wrap for it to adhere properly. At this point, you will still be able to adjust the inner three layers of tissue but do not try to move the layer with the tape on it as it will rip the tissue.
- For a centerpiece, place a piece of Styrofoam in a basket and cover it with green tissue paper, fake grass or Spanish moss and push the flower stems (the end of the lollipop) into the Styrofoam making a basket full of flowers. Don't forget to let your guests take a Lollipop Flower home with them.
- Try making a multi-colored flower by cutting out flower shapes from two or more different colors of tissue paper.
- For a fun Valentine's Day game, put a colored dot on the end of one or more of the lollipop sticks. Place the flowers in a basket with Styrofoam as described above. Have each guest pick a flower to take home but anyone pulling one with a dot receives a prize. You can even color code the ends of the sticks so each has a colored dot and each color dot receives a different prize.
Back Valentine's Day Crafts