- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Cream of tarter
- 2 Cups Water
- Liquid food coloring
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Airtight plastic container with lid or quart size re-sealable plastic bag
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and cream of tarter. Set aside.
- Combine the water, oil and a few drops of food coloring* in a 3qt sauce pan. Heat on medium just until warm. Then, add the dry ingredients and stir quickly.
- Continue stirring and cook on medium/low heat for another minute or two until the dough pulls away from the side of the pan.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and knead it on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth. Cool completely before giving it to children to play with.
* For darker colors add more food coloring and use less food coloring for lighter shades.
For a longer life, between uses store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container or in a re-sealable plastic bag with the excess air squeezed out.
Idea: For an inexpensive gift, make some dough in different colors. Place each color in it's own disposable container and pair it with a mini-rolling pin and some cookie cutters. For an added bonus, print the recipe and include it with the gift.
Back to General Crafts