Teddy Bear Air Freshener
- Scented wax additive
- Small stuffed animal approximately 4" high
- Double boiler
- Wooden Spoon
- Shallow box or box lid
- Line a shallow box or box lid with foil. This is where your animal will sit to cool.
- Melt the wax in a double boiler. The smaller the pieces of wax are when you put them in the boiler, the quicker they will melt.
- Once the wax is melted, add your wax scent according to the package directions. Use a wooden spoon to mix the scent into the wax. Shut off your burner and/or remove the wax from the stove.
- Remove all tags from the bear or other stuffed animal you are using.
- Use tongs to submerge your bear completely. Remove the bear from the wax with the tongs but hold it over the pot of wax for a minute or two to let the excess wax drip off. Then, place the bear in your foil lined box to cool and harden. Be careful as the wax is very hot.
The completed bear will add a pleasant scent to a room without the need to light a candle. Scented animals are also a fun way to freshen up a locker.
- Do not put wax items directly on finished furniture. Instead, place a piece of wax paper or a dish or coaster etc. under your bear before placing it on the furniture.
- If your bear loses it's scent, you can renew the scent by blowing on it with a warm (not hot) blow dryer.
- Whenever you melt wax, it is a good idea to keep a box of baking soda on hand. In the unlikely event that the wax gets too hot and catches fire, sprinkle the baking soda on it to extinguish.
Back to General Crafts