Great kids Thanksgiving project! This easy to craft Turkey makes a unique Thanksgiving decoration and provides children with a fun positive crafting experience.
|1) Cut the 4" Styrofoam ball in half. You
will be using only one half. We’ll call this the body.
2) Place the flat side of the body on top of the brown felt and trace around it.
3) Remove the body and cut out the circle from the felt. Place it aside.
4) Paint the entire surface of the body with the brown paint EXCEPT for the flat side.
5) Let the paint dry.
6) Once dry, glue the felt circle to the flat side, or underneath, of the body.
7) Dip one end of the lollipop stick in glue then stick it into the 1 ˝" Styrofoam ball. This is your turkey’s head.
8) Cover the 1 ˝" ball with the square of brown fabric. [If you have pinking shears trim the edges of the fabric square with them before covering the ball.] Secure the fabric by twisting the pipe cleaner tightly around the stick.
9) Dip the other end of the popsicle stick in glue then push it into the body.
10) Now, give your turkey a face. Glue on the eyes. Make a beak by cutting a 1"h x ˝" w diamond from orange felt. Cut a small squiggle from red felt or use a small piece of red ric rac for the turkey’s wattle. Glue the beak and wattle on your turkey.
11) Stick the feathers into the Styrofoam body.