|1) Cut the green pipe cleaners in 3rds. *With one piece, fold both ends
to the middle to form
leaves and twist. With a second piece, twist it once around the middle
of the leaves to make a
stem. Repeat from * two times for a total of 3 stems with leaves.
2) Put glue on pot (I used 2 ½ tall peat pot) where you want glitter
and sprinkle with glitter.
3) Cut out three 2" heart shapes from craft foam
4)With masking tape, tape one stem to the back of each heart
5) Glue on eyes and draw face
6) Place a few rocks or marbles in bottom of pot for weight
7) Wrap a piece of green tissue paper (6 square) around the 2 Styrofoam
ball and place in pot
(smooth side up)
8) Push stems thru tissue into Styrofoam ball
9) Put it where everyone can enjoy it
*Be sure when you cut out the hearts that the side with the pen marks
becomes the back.
*I cut one stem in each group shorter
*You could eliminate the glitter and decorate the pots with crayons or
*When using glitter, I work over a paper towel. If working with
children, I give each child a
small cup of glitter. After sprinkling the glitter where they want it
they simply fold the paper
towel in half and pour the extra back in the cup.