Great kids Thanksgiving project! This easy to craft Turkey makes a unique Thanksgiving decoration and provides children with a fun positive crafting experience.
- 4" Styrofoam ball
- 5" Square brown felt
- 5 ½" Square brown fabric
- Lollipop stick
- 2 1/4" Brown chenille stem (pipe cleaner)
- Brown acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- 1 ½" Styrofoam ball
- Two 5mm googly eyes
- 10-12 Feathers
- Scrap red felt or small piece of red ric rac
- Scrap orange felt
- Cut the 4" Styrofoam ball in half. You will be using only one half. We will call this the body.
- Place the flat side of the body on top of the brown felt and trace around it.
- Remove the body and cut out the circle from the felt. Place it aside.
- Paint the entire surface of the body with the brown paint EXCEPT for the flat side.
- Let the paint dry.
- Once dry, glue the felt circle to the flat side, or underneath, of the body.
- Dip one end of the lollipop stick in glue then stick it into the 1 ½" Styrofoam ball. This is your turkey's head.
- Cover the 1 ½" ball with the square of brown fabric. [If you have pinking shears trim the edges of the fabric square with them before covering the ball.] Secure the fabric by twisting the pipe cleaner tightly around the stick.
- Dip the other end of the popsicle stick in glue then push it into the body.
- Now, give your turkey a face. Glue on the eyes. Make a beak by cutting a 1"h x ½" w diamond from orange felt. Cut a small squiggle from red felt or use a small piece of red ric rac for the turkey's wattle. Glue the beak and wattle on your turkey.
- Stick the feathers into the Styrofoam body.
Back Thanksgiving Crafts