Ice Cream Clowns
This special ice cream treat is sure to put a smile on a child's face. Serve them at your next birthday party or cookout!
- Ice cream
- Ice cream cones
- Food coloring
- Sugar cookie
- Decorator bag (frosting bag) with star & piping tips
- Tray or cookie sheet that will fit in your freezer
- Wax paper or parchment paper
Suggestion: Make a day ahead for a birthday party and cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil.
- Line a cookie sheet or tray with either parchment paper or wax paper. To hold the paper in place, you can place a dot of frosting in each of the corners of the tray/cookie sheet before placing the paper on it.
- Place a cookie face up on a tray or cookie sheet
- Put one scoop of ice cream on top of the cookie
- Place a cone upside down on top of the ice cream.
- Color the frosting with the food coloring. You can use as many or as few different colors of frosting as you like to complete each clown.
- Fill a frosting bag (no more then half full) with frosting and using a star tip, squeeze a large dollop of frosting on the point of the cone. Squeeze 3 small dollops down the front of the cone. Make a wavy line around where the cone and ice cream meet.
- The eyes can be made with either a star tip or a piping tip. Make a dot for each eye and a dot for the nose.
- Using a piping tip, draw on the mouth.
- Don't make too many clowns at one time as the ice cream will start to melt. Place them in the freezer as you complete them.
- Optional: Outline the outer edge of the sugar cookie with frosting.
Back Crafting with Food