- Recycled plastic or glass jar or canning jar
- Red craft foam
- Pink acrylic paint
- Sea sponge
- Glitter glue or paint in a squeeze bottle
- White glue
- Painters tape or masking tape
- Optional: Red spray paint - see step #8
- Optional: Ribbon or Raffia
- Choose a jar that is a good size for your needs. We chose
and empty peanut butter jar to fill with cookies. Make sure
the jar is clean and dry.
- Remove the lid and set aside.
- Cover the rim of the jar with painters tape or masking tape to
keep paint off of it.
- Using a sea sponge, apply paint to the outside of the jar.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let
- Remove and discard tape from the jar rim.
- With paint or glitter glue in squeeze bottles, draw hearts and
x's on the jar
- Our jar had a red lid but if your lid is a different color,
spray paint it red. This should be done by and adult.
- Cut a piece of red craft foam to cover the top of the jar.
Glue in place with white glue.
Once your jar is completely dry, fill it with goodies such as cookies
If you are using a glass jar with a glass lid, skip step #8 & #9.
Optional: Tie ribbon or raffia around the neck of the jar before
giving as a gift.
Back to Valentine's