Wooden Spoon Plant Stake
Cute whimsical Christmas decoration!
If you are like me, you can never have enough Christmas crafts. This reindeer craft will look adorable sticking out of a plant or a canister filled with utensils. With a little paint and some glue, you can transform a wooden spoon into a reindeer plant stake.
- Wooden spoon
- 16" Piece of 1" wide ribbon
- 1 Gold pipe cleaner
- Brown & red acrylic paint
- All purpose sealer or varnish
- Paint brushes
- Two 20mm oval wiggle eyes
- 1/2" Black pompom
- Small piece of brown doll hair
- Small amount brown craft foam
- Paint the spoon brown. Let dry completely.
- Following the natural line on the spoon, paint a red mouth.
- Apply a coat of all purpose sealer or varnish. Let dry completely.
- To make the antlers, cut two 2 1/4" pieces off one end of the pipe cleaner. Set aside for a moment.
- Fold the remaining piece of pipe cleaner in half and give it two or three twists close to the fold. Spread the straight ends apart.
- Take one of the 2 1/4" pieces and wrap the center of it around one of the ends of the pipe cleaner (about 1/2" from the end). Bend the ends up as pictured above. Repeat with the other antler end.
- Glue the pipe cleaner antlers to the center back of the spoon.
- Cut two ears from brown craft foam and glue to the back of the spoon with one on either side of the antlers. The ears are basically rounded triangles that are about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" long.
- Glue two wiggle eyes and a pompom nose to the front of the spoon.
- Tie a ribbon to the handle of the spoon.
- Glue a small piece of doll hair to the tip of the spoon as pictured.
Display your reindeer in a potted plant, in a flower bouquet or anywhere in your kitchen.
Back to Christmas