Knot scrunchies are quick and simple to make. They make a great accent to any outfit and are especially fitting for a cheerleader. Make them in your school colors to show school spirit. No Sewing Required! Children can even make these scrunchies!
Materials and Supplies
- Store bought hair elastic
- Knit fabric - 1/4 yd each of two contrasting colors (this is enough for 2 scrunchies)
- Pinking shears (or rotary cutter with pinking blade and cutting mat)
These scrunchies are quick and simple to make.
- Cut 20 strips measuring 3/4"wide x 6 ½" long from each color of fabric for a total of 40 strips.
- Alternating between color A and color B, knot the strips onto the store bought elastic using a double knot.
To make the cutting process easier and quicker consider using a rotary cutter with a pinking blade and a cutting mat.