Reward your guest with this practical Baby Shower Party Favor. It looks like an adorable baby rattle but when your guests get home, they can relax in a nice soaking tub with the refreshing bath fizzie.
Materials and Supplies
- 1 Bath Fizz ball* approximately 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"
- Pipe cleaner
- Curling ribbon
- Cellophane bag, 4" x 6"
- 12" piece of ribbon 1/2" to 5/8" wide
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
* You should purchase bath fizz balls that are individually covered with plastic wrapping.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Set one half aside for another rattle.
- Twist the ends of the pipe cleaner together forming a 1 1/2" long oval loop. This loop will form the rattle's handle. This should leave you with two ends that are each approximately 1" long.
- Bend the ends so they follow the contour of the fizz ball. To do this, simply place the fizz ball between the two Pipe cleaner ends and press the ends against the ball with your fingers.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaner to the fizz ball by applying glue to the portion of the pipe cleaner that rests against the fizz ball. Then, press the pipe cleaner against the fizz ball. Be sure the ball has a plastic covering before gluing the Pipe cleaner to it. That way the handle and the plastic can be removed in the future so that the fizz ball can actually be used.
- Tie a piece of ribbon in a bow between the rattle handle and the fizz ball.
- Place the bath fizz rattle in a cellophane bag and tie shut with several strands of curling ribbon. Curl the ends of the ribbon
After the shower, when you are ready to use the fizz ball, simply peel the plastic off the fizz ball and the handle will come off with it.
View after completing Step #2.
View after completing Step #4.
View after completing Step #5.