Every successful baby shower needs party favort. This adorable Baby Bonnet is inexpensive and easy to make. Once the baby shower is over, just untie the ribbons and put the washcloth to good use. Your guest will love it.
Materials and Supplies
- 1 Safety pin approximately 1" long
- 1 Washcloth
- Curling ribbon
- Tissue paper
- Two flowers a 1/2" rose and a 1" rose
- Paper punch
- Decorative Paper or Velum
- Decorative scissors - optional
This little bonnet
is not for your head
so undo the ribbon
and wash up for bed.
- Lay the washcloth flat on your work surface.
- Cut two 24" pieces of curling ribbon and lay them across the center of the washcloth.
- Fold the washcloth in half so that the ribbon is in the fold.
- Bring the ends of the ribbon together and tie securely in a knot gathering the washcloth as you do so.
- Overlap the edges of the hat and while holding in place, fold the bottom edge up approximately 1" to 1 1/2".
- Using a safety pin, on the inside of the hat pin the overlapped section together. Be sure to catch all layers of the washcloth in the safety pin.
- Pull the ends of the curling ribbon out through the hole in the top of the hat.
- Print out the poem provide here on a piece of decorative paper or velum. Cut apart each poem using decorative scissors if you have them. Punch a hole in the top left corner of the paper. If you use plain paper, shade the edges of the paper with the side of a colored pencil or crayon to add a little color.
- Thread the poem onto one of the pieces of curling ribbon and tie in place. Curl the ends of the ribbons by pulling them across the blade of a pair of scissors. Care should be taken when doing this and it should be done by an adult. Hint: when threading the ribbon through the hole in the poem, it may be helpful to cut the end of the ribbon on an angle and/or fold the ribbon in half before putting it through the hole.
- Using wire cutters, cut one of the 1/2" roses off the bunch leaving a stem that is 3/4" to 1" long. Stick the stem into the cuff of the bonnet on the front.
- Cut a 1" rose off of the bunch and place it on top of the bonnet with the stem in the hole at the top of the hat.
- Stuff some tissue paper inside the hat so it stands up nicely and keeps it's shape.
By eliminating glue on the flowers, your guests will be able to use the washcloths after the shower.
See printable page for step by step photos.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the pattern as it is a PDF.
|Back Baby Shower Favors|