Christmas ornament craft ~
Instead of putting coal in your stocking, why not make a bag of coal to hang on your Christmas tree. This unique ornament will be a real attention getter. Easy craft for all ages.
Materials and Supplies
- Self stick craft foam letters 1/2" tall to spell COAL
- Clear plastic or cellophane bag 4" x 3" *
- Black 6mm and 8mm faceted beads
- 10" piece of thin ribbon (3/16" or 1/4")
*The bag I used had a zip top so I simply cut the zip seal off.
- Place some of the beads into a clear bag. There is no set number of beads, just put in enough so that it looks good to you. The sample contains approximately 68 beads in a mixture of 6mm and 8mm but just put in what looks like a good amount.
- Tie the bag closed with a 10" piece of ribbon. Once the ribbon is tied into a bow, cut the ends of the ribbon at an angle.
- Peel the paper backing off the letters and stick them onto the front of the bag.
- To make the ornament hanger, cut a 10" piece of monofilament and thread it through the ribbon on the backside of the coal. Pull the ends so they are even and tie them together using an overhand knot.