Christmas ornament craft!
Quick and easy to make, our Poinsettia Snowman Ornaments are so unique everyone you know will want one! Easy kids craft.
Materials and Supplies
- Silk poinsettia; Approximately 4 1/2" diameter
- 1 1/2" White Pompom
- Hot glue gun
- Powdered blush
- Fabric paint in squeeze bottle; orange & black
*You can use tacky glue in place of the hot glue; but if you do, you will need to let the glue dry before proceeding.
- Remove one poinsettia from it's stem. Usually this can be accomplished by simply pulling the flower off the stem.
- Cut the plastic stamen off.
- Using the hot glue gun*, glue a white pompom to the center of the flower.
- Cut a 15" piece of monofilament. Tie the monofilament tightly in a knot around the back of the pompom where it meets the flower. Keep the ends as close as possible to the same length as one another.
- Using powdered blush, brush the cheek area.
- Using black fabric paint in a squeeze bottle, squeeze out two dots for eyes and five dots for a mouth.
- Make a nose using the orange fabric paint in a squeeze bottle by squeezing out some paint and then release pressure and pull the bottle to the side.
Tip: Practice making the face on a paper towel before painting it on your ornament.