Simple Kids Craft! Made from felt and a candy cane, these Mice Christmas ornaments will delight any child. Full size pattern and complete crafting instructions included.
Materials and Supplies
- 3" x 6" piece of felt (for ears)
- 4" x 7" piece of felt (for body)
- Craft Glue
- Two 3mm googly eyes
- Candy Cane (wrapped)
- optional - glittery fabric paint and paint brush
- Trace and cut out one body piece from felt. Cut two slits where indicated.
- Trace and cut out one ear piece from a contrasting color of felt.
- Slip the "ear" piece through the 2 slits on the body.
- Optional - Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint onto a piece of foil or an old plastic lid. With a stiff brush - paint three stripes inside the ear.
- Glue on eyes - refer to picture for placement
- Slip the straight end of candy cane thru the back side of the ears. The hook end of the candy cane forms the mouse's tail.
- Hang on your Christmas tree by the tail.
Hint - Old plastic lids (from margarine tubs or coffee cans) make a great paint pallet. Just toss when you are done to cut down on clean up.