Sew some Little Bunnies to fill your Easter Basket! Full size pattern and instructions included.
Materials and Supplies
- Two 8" x 4" pieces of fabric (muslin or light weight pastel fabric)
- 15" piece of 1/4" ribbon
- Small clear hair elastic or thread
- Scrap of cardboard
- Fine tip permanent black marker
- Craft glue
- ½" Pompom
- Trace and cut out two bunny shapes from the fabric.
- Pin the bunny right sides together and sew around the outside edge leaving an opening of approximately 1 ½" on the bottom for turning and stuffing.
- Turn right-side out. A chopstick or pencil is helpful to poke inside the bunny while turning.
- Apply some blush to the center of both ears - on the front side only.
- Apply blush to cheek area.
- Slip a piece of cardboard, or several layers of paper, inside the bunny to keep the marker from going thru to the back.
- Now, make a face being careful to keep it above where the ribbon will be tied (refer to the picture). With black marker, draw eyes, an upside down triangle nose connected to the mouth with a straight line. Also, make three dots on each cheek. Now you can remove and discard the cardboard
- Wrap the small hair elastic around the bottom of the ear section or tie this area tightly with heavy duty thread.
- Stuff the body and hand sew the opening closed.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow around the middle of the bunny to separate the head and body sections.
- Glue the pompom to the back of the bunny as a tail.
Suggestion - Make several bunnies and place them in a basket for display.