Download complete instructions today and start crafting up spider webs to decorate your home for Halloween. Easy kids craft! Also, great for Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts. A must have for any Haunted House.
Materials and Supplies
- 3 Popsicle sticks
- White yarn - I used Red Heart Baby Clouds - Mohair look yarns would also work well
- Plastic spider ring or plastic spider
- 12" Piece of elastic thread
- Lay all 3 popsicle sticks flat, one on top of the other. Tie one end of the yarn around all 3 sticks.
- Fan the sticks out so they are somewhat evenly spaced. Pass the yarn once over each spot where the sticks cross (this makes a total of 3 passes).
- Working counter clockwise *bring the yarn across the front of two of the spokes then go behind the last spoke you went over - bring yarn back to the front and repeat from * around until you have only about ½" left showing on the end of each spoke. Knot off the yarn in the back. When wrapping the yarn it is easiest to keep turning the spider web as you wrap.
- Tie a piece of elastic cording for hanging to the yarn between two of the spokes.
- If you are using a spider ring, cut it open in the back. Attach the spider to the web by pushing the open part thru to the back of the spider web. If you are using a regular plastic spider (no ring) simply glue the spider where you want it.