Our original fall snow globe is an easy kids craft and fun way to get children crafting. It's crafted inexpensively from construction paper and a plastic plate.
Materials and Supplies
- 7" Clear plastic plate
- Blue construction paper
- Brown construction paper or cardstock
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- 1/8 cup leaf confetti
- Twist tie or pipe cleaner
- Crayons, markers
- Leaf stickers - optional
- Trace and cut one snow globe base from brown construction paper.
- Trace and cut one snow globe from blue construction paper.
- Draw a fall scene on the blue globe with crayons. I drew a tree and glued some leaf confetti to the branches and also drew come clouds and a pumpkin next to the tree but feel free to make your globe picture original. Set aside for a moment.
- Take the twist tie and fold it in half forming a loop then twist the ends together. Now, staple it to the back of the snow globe base being sure it is near the top of the globe with the loop at the top. Fold the ends up over the staple so the twist tie doesn't slip off. The twist tie is now your hanger. If you are using a pipe cleaner, attach it in the same manner but first cut the pipe cleaner to approximately 4".
- Using a glue stick (not the hot glue) glue the blue globe (circle) on top of the brown circle on the base.
- Place the plate flat on your work surface and put some leaf confetti loose in the center of the plate.
- Run a bead of hot glue* around the rim of the plate, then lay the snow globe on top of the plate so that the blue circle is in the center of the clear plate. Press the edge of the plate firmly against the snow globe before the glue dries.
- Flip your globe over and write a message or glue on some more leaf confetti to the globe base as pictured. If desired, you can also decorate the base with stickers or markers.
*This should be done by an adult.
Suggestion: You can adapt this snow globe to use a larger plate such as an 8 1/2" plate. Just enlarge the pattern.