Our stuffed heart person is an easy sewing project. Whether you lay him on your bed, sit him on the edge of the steps or in a chair he will bring joy to all who see him. He's a truly unique Valentine decoration!
Materials and Supplies
- Two 8 1/2" x 11" pieces of red felt
- 1 yard of 1" wide silver or white ribbon
- Two 20mm Googly eyes
- 1/2" Pink pompom
- Black fabric paint in a squeeze bottle
- Common pins or safety pins
- Needle & red thread
- Tacky glue
- Polyester Fiberfil (stuffing)
- Trace and cut out two large hearts for the body and 4 each of the medium and small hearts for the hands and feet.
- Cut the ribbon into two pieces that are 7 1/2" long and two pieces that re 9 1/2" long.
- Lay one of the large hearts flat on your work surface. Next, lay one of the 7 1/2" pieces of ribbon down so that it is coming out the side of the heart. Repeat with the other 7 1/2" piece but have it coming out the opposite side. These are the arms. Be sure that you have approximately 1" of the end of the ribbon on the heart. The rest of the ribbon should extend outward (off the heart). Repeat this process with the two longer pieces, but have them coming out the bottom - one on either side of the point at the bottom of the heart. These are the legs.
- Lay the second large felt heart on top of the first one and pin it in place. When pinning, be sure to put a pin where each of the ribbon pieces are to keep them from moving.
- With the needle and thread, whip stitch around the heart leaving a two inch opening above one of the arms for stuffing.
- Stuff the heart firmly with Polyester Fiberfil. Then, whip stitch the opening closed.
- Using two of the small hearts, pin them to the end of one of the arms so that the end of the ribbon is sandwiched between the hearts and the edges of the hearts line up. Also, the point of the heart should be facing the body. Whip stitch around these hearts stitching through the ribbon as you go. Repeat with the other arm and the other two small hearts.
- Repeat step 7 using the medium hearts and attach them to the legs so that the points of the hearts are facing downward.
- Glue the eyes on the front of the large stuffed heart and glue the pompom on as the nose. Finally, draw a mouth on using the black fabric paint.