This is an oldie but a goodie, a picture frame built from popsicle sticks. Once it's assembled have fun painting and decorating it! Children can give this to loved ones as a gift for Mother's Day, Father's day, birthdays, Christmas or any occastion. It is a fun, simple and inexpensive craft for kids.
Materials and Supplies
- 15 Popsicle sticks
- White glue (tacky glue or Elmer's glue)
- Paint or markers - optional
- Lay 11 popsicle sticks flat on your work surface so that the edges are touching and they are all even. We will call this the base of the frame.
- Run a bead of glue in a straight line vertical to the sticks you laid down and close to one end.
- Lay a stick on top of this bead of glue. We'll refer to this as the brace.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 on the other end of the sticks.
- Glue two sticks together to form a V shape then glue the ends of the V to the braces as pictured. This will be your hanger.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Paint the frame or use markers to color it or just leave it natural and draw a design on the two brace pieces and the hanger. For this project we actually bought popsicle sticks that were already colored but kids love to paint.
- Once the paint has completely dried, use two sided tape or glue to attach a picture to your frame.