Simple yet useful, this trinket box is made of popsicle sticks and makes a great Father's Day gift. Use it to hold your loose change, keys, wallet or just about anything. Easy fun craft for the kids.
Materials and Supplies
- 35 Popsicle sticks
- 3 1/2" square of felt
- White glue
- Lay 11 popsicle sticks flat on your work surface so that the edges are touching and they are all even. We will call this the base of the frame.
- Run a bead of glue in a straight line vertical to the sticks you laid down and close to one end.
- Lay a stick on top of this bead of glue. We'll refer to this as the brace.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 on the other end of the sticks.
- Put a dot of glue on each of the four corners. Lay two sticks horizontal to the to brace pieces you glued down.
- Put a dot of glue on each of the four corners again and lay two sticks horizontal to the last two you laid.
- Continue in this fashion, building up the sides of the box until you have used up your sticks (each side should have 6 sticks).
- Glue the piece of felt to the inside of the box for a nice finished look.
Optional: Before gluing the felt into the box, paint or decorate your box with markers.