Create these Christmas tree ornaments as gifts or for your own tree. They are easily crafted from cinnamon sticks and a few embellishments. Fun and easy Christmas craft project for the whole family.
Materials and Supplies
Firewood Bundle Ornament
- 7 Cinnamon sticks approximately 2 3/4" - 3" long
- 1 Elastic (rubber band)
- 10" piece of ribbon
- 7" of clear thread
The cinnamon sticks should all be close to the same length. bundle them together and wrap an elastic securely around the center of the bundle. Tie the ribbon around the bundle on top of the elastic, covering it. Trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle to give them a finished look.
Thread the clear thread thru the ribbon and tie the ends in a knot to form the hanger.
Picture Frame Ornament
- Two 2 1/2" Cinnamon sticks
- Two 2 3/4" Cinnamon sticks
- 5" piece of thin ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wallet size picture - approximately 2 1/2" x 3"
- Tack glue
- Small pinecones and berries or other embellishments you may have
- With the hot glue, glue the four cinnamon sticks together to form a frame by putting the hot glue on the ends of the shorter cinnamon sticks (which are the sides of the frame) and attaching them to the sides - close to the ends of the longer sticks.
- Using hot glue, attach pinecones and berries or other embellishments to the front of the frame
- Using tacky glue, glue the picture to the back of the frame.
- Tie the two ends of the ribbon together in a knot and hot glue the knot to the back of the frame as a hanger.