Our gourmet style ice cream cones are actually made of hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. Make a batch to keep on hand for unexpected guests or to put on top of Christmas stockings.
Materials and Supplies
- Two 12" Clear plastic disposable pastry bags
- Two packages of instant hot chocolate (such as Hershey's Goodnights or Swiss Miss)
- 1/2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Sprinkles or crushed candy cane (optional)
- Curling Ribbon
- Hole punch
1) Empty the two pouches of hot chocolate mix into one of the pastry bags.
2) Cut off the top of the bag approximately 2" above the top of the cocoa mix.
3) Place this into the second pastry bag and fold the top of the first bag down over the hot chocolate.
4) Pour approximately 1/2 cup of mini-marshmallows into the second bag right on top of the hot chocolate. If desired, add some sprinkles or crushed candy canes at this time.
5) Gather the bag above the marshmallows and tie with a piece of curling ribbon.
Pour the hot chocolate mix into the first pastry bag & cut the top off.
You actually fold the top down after it is inserted in the second bag but I have shown it here so you can see it more clearly.
Place the pastry bag with the cocoa into a second pastry bag.
Add mini marshmallows, gather and tie with curling ribbon.
6) Make a tag with the following instructions:
Divide the ingredients evenly between two mugs and add 6 ounces of hot (not boiling) water or milk to each cup. Stir.
7) Punch a hole in the corner of the tag and attach these directions to the cone by threading the curling ribbon through the hole you punched and tying the ribbon. Curl the ends of the ribbon.