What could be cuter than this Penguin Ornament on your Christmas tree? Make one today! Full size pattern and complete instructions included Free!
Materials and Supplies
- 4" x 9" piece Black felt
- 2" square white felt
- 5" Long string of lights
- Scrap of orange felt
- 1 pair 5mm googly eyes
- Small amount Fiberfil (stuffing)
- 6" piece crochet or elastic thread
- ½" x 6 ½" piece fleece
- Craft glue
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Black thread & needle or sewing machine
- Trace and cut 1 belly from white felt.
- Trace and cut 4 wings and 2 bodies from black felt.
- Pin 2 of the wings together and sew completely around the outside edge. Repeat with the other 2 wings.
- Pin the 2 body pieces together. Sew around the outside leaving a small opening for stuffing.
- Stuff the body lightly and sew opening closed.
- On the front of the penguin, using the hot glue gun, glue one wing on each side of the body (refer to picture for placement).
- Tie the ½" x 6 ½" piece of fleece around the neck as a scarf. Put 2 or 3 dots of hot glue under the scarf to hold it in place.
- On the back of the penguin, thread a piece of crochet thread or elastic thread thru the head using a needle. Remove the needle and knot the two ends together. This is the ornament hanger.
- Cut a beak out of orange felt by cutting a diamond that is approximately ½" w x 1" long.
- On the front of the penguin use the craft glue to glue the white belly under the scarf. Glue eyes and beak on for face.
- Using hot glue, tack the Christmas lights to the wings. Also, tack the center of the strand of lights to the belly of the penguin.