Hang these adorable melted snowman ornaments on your tree to add a touch of whimsy. Each one is unique!
Materials and Supplies
- Orange pipe cleaner
- Black beads such as E beads
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Elastic thread
- Aluminum foil
- Cut a 6" length of elastic thread. Knot the two ends together in an overhand knot. This will be your hanger.
- Lay a piece of foil on your work surface. Place the hanger on the foil with the knot facing downward.
- Prepare the nose by cutting a 3/4" piece of orange pipe cleaner and folding it into a V shape. Place aside for the moment.
- Start squeezing out a blob of hot glue directly on your foil gluing over the knot of your hanger but leaving the loop extending above the glue blob. The finished size should be 2 - 2 1/2" round but make it uneven and drippy looking since this is a melting snowman.
- While the glue is still hot, place the two open ends of the pipe cleaner into the center of the glue blob to form the snowman's nose. Place two black beads above the nose for eyes and 5 or 6 beads below the nose to form the mouth. You may find it useful to poke the beads into the glue with a toothpick.
- Let the glue cool and harden then place your snowman in the freezer for a couple of hours. When the snowmen are good and cold, slowly peel the foil off the back. Freezing the snowmen makes them much easier to peel off the foil.
Hint: When hanging your melted snowman on the Christmas tree, if you place him in front of a light, the light will shine right through your snowman.