This is a great way to recycle those burnt out night lights or Christmas bulbs. With a few simple craft supplies and some hot glue, you can make a reindeer or two.
Materials and Supplies
- Brown pipe cleaner
- 5mm or 7mm red pompom
- 10mm silver or gold bell
- 1/8" Wide ribbon in holiday colors
- C7 Christmas bulb or night light bulb*
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 7 mm googly eyes
*I was able to find a couple of boxes of light bulb garland at a yard sale. Each light bulb, when taken off the string, already had a hanger on it so for those reindeer, I was able to omit the step where you attach the ribbon hanger.
- Cut a 6" length of thin ribbon as a hanger for your ornament. Holding your light bulb bulb side down and using hot glue, glue the two ends of the ribbon together just below the screw portion of your bulb.
- Cut an 8" piece of ribbon. Tie it in a bow and glue it on top of the ribbon ends you already glued on.
- Bend a 6" piece of brown pipe cleaner as pictured, then hot glue the center of it on top of the ribbon bow and glue a bell on top of that.
- Finally, glue on the googly eyes and a pompom nose as pictured.
Option: If you want colored bulbs but only have clear ones, spray paint the bulbs. Before painting the bulbs, cover the screw portion with masking tape to keep the paint off it.