Make some holiday themed hot pads to protect your table during your holiday feasts. Great recycling project and easy kids craft.
Materials and Supplies
- Holiday print fabric
- Either a small magazine (approximately 7 1/4" x 5 1/4") such as a Reader's Digest or Newspaper or felt
- Pinking shears
- 1/4" Ribbon
- Tacky glue
- Using pinking shears, cut out two 10" x 8" pieces of fabric.
- Lay one of the pieces of fabric right side down on your work surface. Place your insulation* centered on top of this piece of fabric *Insulation choices: Your recycled magazine or a pile of newspapers folded to 7 1/2" x 5 1/4" and measuring 1/4" thick or two 7 1/2" x 5 1/4" pieces of felt
- Run a bead of glue directly on the fabric about 1/4" from the edges of your insulation.
- Lay the second piece of fabric face up on top of the first piece fabric and the insulation. Line up the edges and press the second piece into the glue.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon 10" long and two pieces 8" long. Using tacky glue, glue these four pieces of ribbon on as pictured.
Make several of these for your holiday table. Also, make some in every day prints for every day use.