Stir your coffee with a chocolate spoon to make a cup of mocha coffee or use it to make an extra chocolaty cup of hot cocoa.
Instructions included for making peppermint chocolate spoons.
Materials and Supplies
- 1 Cup chocolate chips; semi-sweet chocolate
- Double boiler or microwave safe dish
- Curling ribbon
- 4" x 5" treat bag (bags sold for lollipops)
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
Optional: Candy canes
By adding crushed candy cane to your chocolate spoon you will great a scrumptious peppermint flavored Hot Cocoa when you stir it with the chocolate/peppermint spoon.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt the chocolates either in a double boiler or in a microwave.
- If using a double boiler, I suggest putting the chocolate chips in either a smaller saucepan inside the double boiler or in a Pyrex measuring cup inside the double boiler. It is easier to dip if the chocolate isn't spread over a large area. Stir constantly and remove from heat as soon as the chips are melted.
- If using the microwave, heat on high for one minute then take out and stir. If needed, heat at 10 to 15 second intervals just until melted.
- Dip the spoons in the chocolate. When you lift them out of the chocolate, gently shake the spoon side to side for a few seconds to remove any excess chocolate.
- Place the spoons on the wax paper covered cookie sheet to cool and harden. The back of the spoon should be facing down when you put it on the cookie sheet.
- Once the chocolate is cool and hardened, slip a bag over each spoon. Tie the bag closed with curling ribbon and curl the ends of the ribbon.
Optional: Crush a candy cane by placing the unwrapped candy cane in a plastic baggie and hitting it with a wooden rolling pin. Then sprinkle the crushed candy cane onto the chocolate before it cools.
Check out our Hints and Tips section to learn how to curl ribbon.