Below you will find a crochet pattern to make a black cat magnet which is perfect for Halloween!
Materials and Supplies
- Black worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hook; size F
- Yarn needle
- 6" piece of orange yarn
- Two, 7mm googly eyes
- White thread and needle
- Tiny white or pink pompom
- 1" piece of magnet
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Ch 5, join with slst to form a ring
- Round 1: 12 dc in ring
- Round 2: 2dc in first 5 dc; 1 dc in next dc; ch 9 turn; slst in 2nd ch from hook and in remaining ch (you just created the tail) slst to the top of the last dc you made; 2dc in each of the next 6 dc in the round. Do not cut yarn just continue on to head and ear
Head & Ears
- 4 dc in each of the next 2 dc (8dc)
- Working on the 8 dc; 1 sc in 1st two dc; (Start 1st Ear) ch 4; slst in 2nd & 3rd ch from hook; sc in next ch; join with a slst to the last dc you made (End 1st ear); 1 tr in same space as last dc you made; 1 tc in each of next 3 dc; (Start 2nd Ear) ch 4; slst in 2nd & 3rd ch from hook; sc in next ch; join with a slst to the last tc you made (End 2nd ear); dc in same space as last tc; 1 sc in each of next 2 dc.
- Fasten off and weave loose ends back into your work with a yarn needle.
Face & Bow
- To make the whiskers, thread a needle with white thread. Pull the ends so they are even and knot the ends together in an overhand knot. You will be working with a double strand of white thread.
- With the needle, come up from the back of the cat's head just below the center of the face area and take a stitch that is approximately 1/2" long. Come back up at the center (going from back to front) and take another stitch. Repeat this 2 or 4 more times for a total of 4 or 6 whiskers.
- Glue a small white or pink pompom on top of the center of the whiskers and glue two googly eyes above the nose and whiskers.
- Cut a 6" piece of orange yarn. Using a yarn needle, thread the yarn through the center of the cat's neck. Remove the needle and tie the yarn into a bow. Trim ends.
- Hot glue a 1" piece of magnet to the back of the cat.
Click here for a list of Crochet Abbreviations.