If you like to recycle, check out these easy craft instructions to turn an empty CD case into a picture frame. Great gift idea for Mother's Day or Father's Day.
Materials and Supplies
- Empty CD case
- Scrapbook papers
- Glue stick
- Glue dots
- Fine or Ultra fine tip permanent marker
- Wallet size photo*
*You can use a larger size photo. If you do, trim it so it fits inside the CD case. When using a larger picture, you can eliminate the two pieces of scrapbook paper in step #9.
- Pop out and discard the plastic piece inside the CD case that actually holds the CD in place.
- Remove any paper inserts that came with the CD case.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside both the front and back covers. If your case came with paper inserts, you can trace those to get the exact size. If you do not have the papers to trace, measure the front and back carefully and then cut the paper to size. Note: The front and back covers are different sizes.
- With the case open, insert one paper into the front cover and one into the back cover and hold in place with glue dots. The inside of the case will be the right-side of your frame.
- Choose two contrasting papers that are each 3 1/4" square. Cut larger pieces of paper to size if needed.
- On one of the 3 1/4" squares, use a permanent marker to write a saying or sentiment. We wrote "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight" but you can write whatever you like such as "World's Best Mom" or "World's Best Dad".
- With the blank 3 1/4" square turned so it looks like a diamond, glue it to the left side of your frame using a glue stick.
- Glue the paper with the saying straight on on top of the blank piece of paper. Add a couple of stickers to the left side of the frame to dress it up.
- Glue two contrasting pieces of paper to the right side of you frame as pictured using a glue stick. Then, using glue dots, attach a wallet size photo on top of these papers.
- Apply a couple of stickers to the right hand side of the frame to dress it up.