Let the kids make a Shamrock pin from craft foam to wear on St. Patrick's Day. Great classroom activity!
Materials and Supplies
- Green craft foam; 4" square piece
- Two 10mm googly eyes
- White glue
- Glitter glue
- Black permanent marker
- Bar pin
- 7mm Pompom
- Using our pattern, trace a shamrock onto green craft foam. Cut out the shamrock. Note The side with the tracing lines should be the back of the pin.
- On the front side of the shamrock, glue on googly eyes and the pompom for the nose. Draw a mouth and eyebrows with a black permanent marker.
- Outline the shamrock with glitter glue in a squeeze bottle. Let dry completely before continuing.
- Turn the shamrock over and glue a bar pin to the back. See our Hints & Tips section to learn how to attach a bar pin without having to wait for it to dry.
Idea: Turn a shamrock into a magnet by replacing the pin with a 1" piece of magnet.