Budget friendly Christmas craft!
Recycle those wine corks into snowman Christmas ornaments. If the kids or the puppies and/or kitties knock these snowmen off the tree, they won't break which is a great relief when you have little ones around.
Materials and Supplies
- Wine cork
- Black craft foam
- Crochet thread
- Hot glue
- Strip of fabric 5 1/2" x 3/8"
- Fabric paint in a squeeze bottle, black and orange
- Wrap crochet thread around cork both vertically and horizontally until the cork is completely covered. Tuck the end of the string under where you wrapped it around and add a drop of glue to keep it secure.
- Tie a 5 1/2" x 3/8" piece of fabric around the center of the wrapped cork as a scarf.
- To make a face: Use black fabric paint in a squeeze bottle to make two dots for the eyes and 5 dots for the mouth. Using orange fabric paint, make a dot or an oval for the nose. You can substitute the paint for black and orange beads if you prefer.
- To make a hat, cut a 1.25" circle from craft foam and cut a 3/4" x 2 3/8" strip from craft foam.
- Bring one of the short ends on the craft foam strip around and slightly overlap it with the other short end. Using hot glue, glue the two ends together where they overlap. With hot glue, glue this ring (the top of the hat) to the center of the circle to complete the hat.
- Hot glue the hat to the top of the snowman.
- Thread an 8" piece of monofilament onto a needle and pass it through the top of the craft foam hat. Remove the needle and tie the ends of the monofilament in a knot forming a hanger.