Gingerbread Man Christmas ornaments make the perfect holiday tree decorations! Sew some with the full size pattern and instructions to paint holly leaves included.
Materials and Supplies
- 5" x 9" piece of tan felt
- 7" piece of crochet or elastic thread
- Fabric paint in squeeze bottles - your choice of colors
(For our sample we used red, green, blue, pink & silver glitter)
- Small amount polyester Fiberfil (stuffing)
- Pinking shears
- Needle or Sewing machine
- Trace and cut out two gingerbread shapes from felt using pinking shears.
- Line up your gingerbread men and pin together.
- Sew around your gingerbread man leaving a small opening for stuffing.
- Do NOT turn right side out. Instead, just stuff with the Fiberfil and finish sewing closed.
- Thread a piece of crochet or elastic thread thru the back of his head and knot the ends together. This will be your hanger.
- Using the silver fabric paint - outline the gingerbread man with a zigzag motion on top of your stitches. I also drew connecting lines across the arms & legs to form his hands & feet.
- Make a face by making two blue dots for eyes, 1 pink dot for a nose and a red line for the mouth.
- Paint 2 holly leaves just under his face (steps to draw holly are below) and squeeze 3 red dots where the leaves come together to form the berries.
- Make 3 silver dots down his belly for buttons.
You can replace the silver paint with red, green, white or whatever you like.