Create a unique Easter decoration with this Easter Pot! Fun kids craft. Full size pattern and instructions included.
Materials and Supplies
- Four 5mm googly eyes
- 12" piece 3/4" wide ribbon
- 2" Styrofoam ball
- 2 green chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- 6 ½" square green tissue
- Double-sided tape
- Few small rocks or marbles
- Permanent Markers
- 2"x 4" blue craft foam
- 2" x 4" yellow craft foam
- 3" x 6" white craft foam
- 3" x 6" pink craft foam
- 2 ½" tall peat pot
You can substitute the craft foam with pre-made Easter craft foam shapes. If you do substitute, you will need 2 each of 4 different shapes and they should each be approximately 1 ½" tall.
- Staple the piece of ribbon to the peat pot approximately 3/4" below the top rim of the pot. Tie the ribbon in a bow.
- Put a few marbles or rocks in the bottom of the pot for weight.
- Cover the Styrofoam ball with the green tissue and place it in the peat pot smooth side up.
- Cut the green pipe cleaners as follows: 2 pieces 6" long and 2 pieces 3" long.
- If you are using pre-cut foam shapes (available in buckets at most craft stores) skip to step 6. You need to trace and cut two egg shapes from blue craft foam and 2 from yellow craft foam. Trace and cut 2 bunnies from pink craft foam and 2 lambs from white craft foam being sure to cut out and remove the ear section unless you prefer to draw the ear on the lamb. Hint - I used a Sizzix die cut machine to make my shapes. It is quicker and easier if you have one, but not necessary.
- *Apply double sided tape to one side of one blue egg. Place one end of a 3" piece of pipe cleaner on top of the tape and cover that with the other blue egg. The end of the pipe cleaner should now be sandwiched between the two eggs. Repeat from * with the yellow egg.
- Repeat step 6 for the two bunny shapes and the two lamb shapes but use the 6" pieces of pipe cleaner.
- Glue one eye on each side of the bunny and the lamb.
- Use markers to make designs on the eggs (or leave plain if you prefer).
- Curl the pipe cleaners by wrapping around a pen or pencil before poking the end of the pipe cleaner thru the tissue and into the Styrofoam. Place the eggs in front as they are on the shorter pipe cleaners.