Have you always wanted to know how to make an Easter bunny? Now you can make simple accent pillows using our felt pattern shaped like an Easter bunny Peep pillow. No sewing machine needed for this fun Easter craft.
You stitch two layers of felt together using the blanket stitch and then stuff them. If you need instructions on making the blanket stitch, you can find the how to in our Sewing Information page.
Once you make one Peep bunny pillow, you will want to make them in many colors!
Materials and Supplies
- Felt; 24" x 22"
- Embroidery floss in contrasting or matching color
- Embroidery needle
- Two 15mm solid black shank (safety) eyes
- One 12mm solid black shank eye
- Stuffing; polyester fiberfill
- Using the pattern* provided, cut out two Peep bunny shapes from felt.
- On one of the bunnies make a dot with a pen or pencil to mark where you want the two eyes and the nose to be. Make a small snip where each of these dots are. Put the shank from the 12mm eye through the hole you made for the nose and secure it with the plastic washer that comes with the eye. Repeat this process to install the eyes using the 15mm eyes.
- Pin the bunnies together with wrong sides together (the eyes facing out). Using the embroidery floss as it comes, stitch the two layers together using the blanket stitch. Leave an opening at the bottom to stuff your bunny.
- Using the fiberfill, stuff your bunny to desired firmness (do not over stuff). Stitch the opening closed with the blanket stitch.
*The pattern will print on three pages. Line up the printed lines on the pattern and tape the pages together.
Pattern printing tips:
- Set scale to 100%. If you leave it set to shrink to fit, your bunny will come out smaller
- Turn off the headers and footers.
- Set margins to 0
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the pattern as it is a PDF.