This is a fun Easter craft idea that the kids can help you with. They are simple and inexpensive to make and would be a great little gift to give out for Easter. Your friends and family will love wearing this bunny pin made from pompoms and pipe cleaners.
Materials and Supplies
- 1/4" Pink pompom
- 1 1/2" White pompom
- Bumpy white pipe cleaner
- Two 10mm wiggle eyes
- Bar pin
- Black button thread
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun and glue sticks
It is quicker to make these pins with hot glue because you don't have to stop and wait for the pieces to dry however, tacky glue is a safer choice if crafting with children.
- Cut one bump off the pipe cleaner by cutting the pipe cleaner between two of the bumps. You will have a piece that is about 3" long with a bump in the center. Repeat this process so that you have two of these pieces.
- Glue the bottom 1/2" or so of the two pipe cleaners to the back of the white pompom. Glue a bar pin on the white pompom just below the end of the pipe cleaners. If using tacky glue, let dry completely before proceeding.
- Cut three 3" long strands of black button thread. Holding them together as one, tie a knot in the center of the thread. Glue the knot in the thread to the center of the front side of the pompom and glue the pink pompom on top of the knot.
- Glue the two wiggle eyes above the pompom nose. Bend down the top of the pipe cleaner ears.