Candy Corns can be used for many Halloween decorations. Make napkin rings from the candy corn and delight your guests. Making napkin rings from candy corns is a fun Halloween activity for the whole family.
Materials and Supplies
- Candy Corn
- Elastic thread
The needle should be sharp and not too thick. Before you start, try pushing the needle through a piece of candy to see if it is a good size needle for the project.
- Thread a piece of elastic thread onto a needle. Keep the thread longer than you will need it so that the candies don't fall off as you work or wait to cut it off the spool until you have finished adding all your candies.
- Pass the needle through the candy corn one at a time and slide the candy onto the elastic thread.
- Keep adding candies until you have 16 to 18 candy corn on the elastic string.
- Remove the needle and knot the two ends together. Trim off any extra elastic thread.
- If making these with children, tape one end of the elastic thread to the table so that the candies don't fall off the end.
- When passing the needle through the candy, hold the candy corn by the sides to help keep it from breaking. If you hold the ends, they are much more likely to crack.
- Do not pass the needle through the candy where two colors meet as it is more likely to break at this point.
- Each time you thread a new piece of candy onto your needle,wipe the excess candy off the end of the needle.
- I found it easier to hold the eye end of the needle against your work surface as you push the candies onto the needle.