Dress up your haunted house this Halloween with this candy corn wreath. If you can use a hot glue gun, you can make this wreath. If you want to preserve your wreath without the worry of bugs or critter snacking on it, spray it with a clear acrylic spray before adding the bow.
Materials and Supplies
- Styrofoam wreath form
- Black ribbon
- Black duct tape
- Candy corns
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Optional: Clear acrylic spray to protect your completed wreath.
- Wrap your wreath in black duct tape. When you are done with the duct tape, you should not be able to see any of the styrofoam.
- Hot glue candy corn in rows to the wreath on top of the duct tape. Cover the whole wreath except the back side.
- Optional: If you want to spray your wreath with clear acrylic spray, do it now and let it dry completely before proceeding.
- Tie a black ribbon in a bow around the top of the wreath. Trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle for a more professional looking wreath.
- Take a 4" piece of ribbon and thread it through the ribbon at the top of the wreath. Tie it in a knot close to the wreath then tie the two ends of this piece of ribbon together in an overhand knot to make a hanger for your wreath.