Make reindeer from Tootsie Pop Lollipops. Easy Kids reindeer Craft! Also makes a great party favor.
Materials and Supplies
- Tootsie Pop Lollipop
- 5 ½" Square light brown calico fabric
- Small red pompom
- Two 5mm googly eyes
- 1 brown chenille stem (pipe cleaner)
- Pinking shears & scissors
- 9" piece thin red ribbon or red yarn
- Cut out a 5 1/2" square of fabric using pinking shears if you have them.
- Cut 2 small slits (just big enough to put a pipe cleaner through) in the center of the fabric square with about 1/2" in between the slits.
- Cut a 4 1/2" piece off your brown pipe cleaner and from the backside of the fabric, put one end thru each hole.
- On each end of the pipe cleaner, fold down 3/4" then fold tip back up forming a v shape. These are your reindeer's antlers.
- Lay the fabric (right side out) over the lollipop and tie securely around the stick (just below the pop) with red yarn or ribbon.
- Glue on eyes and red pompom nose.
To display until you give them out, place a piece of Styrofoam inside a basket and cover with tissue paper or a paper napkin. Then push lollipop sticks thru the paper and into the Styrofoam.
Cover a small box (like a shoe box) with wrapping paper or foil. If desired, tie a bow on it. Make holes in the box through the paper with scissor tip or other sharp object. Be sure not to make the holes too big. Place lollipop sticks in the holes for display.