Make a nice warm soft neck warmer to chase away the winter chill. We have instructions for 3 sizes but no matter what size you choose, the steps are all the same. Neck Warmers also make great gifts. They are inexpensive and very useful.
Have fun making winter fleece neck warmers in a variety of colors. Our sample is in a neutral color that will match any winter gear.
Materials and Supplies
- Fleece - see step #1 for amount needed
- Sewing machine
- Cut your fabric to desired size: Large (adult) 22" wide x 15" high; Medium (older children) 19" wide x 12" high, Small (young children) 16" wide x 11" high. When you cut out the fabric, make sure it stretches width-wise.
- With right sides together, fold it in half so that the longer sides match up. Pin in place. Sew along this long edge using a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Turn the tube right side out. Bring the two ends around so they meet forming a ring and slide one end inside the other. (line up the seam you already sewed so that it is on the inside of the ring you just made and so the seam is about one inch from one of the sides) Tuck the raw edge under and pin in place.
- Top stitch across where the two ends of the tube overlap.