All you Leprechauns will want to be having one of these lucky shamrocks hanging in your window. They are an easy St. Patrick's Day craft made with craft foam and beads. If you enjoy gluing and beading, this is the perfect craft idea for you. Includes free shamrock pattern.
Materials and Supplies
- 24" Piece of pony bead lacing
- Green craft foam; 2 to 3 different shades of green work best
- 68 Green tri beads
- 20 Gold rhinestones
- Suction cup with hook
- 3/16" Hole punch
- White glue (tacky glue recommended)
- Gold glitter glue
- Trace and cut out one of the larger shamrocks and two of the smaller shamrocks. If possible, cut each of them from different shades of green craft foam.
- Punch a hole where indicated by a dot on each shamrock pattern.
- Place the two smaller shamrocks on top of the larger shamrock lining up the stems and the holes you punched. Glue in place.
- Cut two 5" pieces of pony bead lacing. Knot one end on each of the 5" pieces. Slide the unknotted end of one piece through the hole in one of the shamrock stems from back to front. Repeat with the other 5" piece and the other shamrock stem.
- Cut two 6" pieces of pony bead lacing. Knot one end of each piece and thread through the two middle holes at the bottom of the shamrock going from back to front.
- Slide 16 tri beads on each of the 5" pieces then knot the end of the lacing.
- Slide 20 tri beads onto each of the 6" lengths of lacing knotting each end once the beads are on.
- Glue one gold rhinestone to the center of each of the smaller shamrocks and glue the remaining rhinestones around the edge of the larger shamrock.
- Outline the two smaller shamrocks with gold glitter glue. Let dry completely. Once dry, use the suction cup with hook to hang the shamrock in your window or on a mirror.
- Idea: If you prefer, you can eliminate the rhinestones and outline the large shamrock with gold glitter glue.
- Consider using a combination of green, white and clear tri beads instead of all green.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the pattern as it is a PDF.
|Back St. Patrick's Day Crafts|