Lace hair bows are simple to make if you follow the directions below. Make a set of bows to give as a gift for Christmas or anytime. They make an inexpensive accessory for any outfit.
Experiment with different types and colors of lace for a variety of different hair clips.
Materials and Supplies
- Plain hair clip
- 18" piece of lace at least 1" wide * (wider lace makes a larger bow)
- 12" string of pearls
- Needle & thread
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
*The pink sample above was made with a lace that has two layers stitched together.
- Cut an 18" piece of lace.
- Using a needle and thread, make a running or gathering stitch along the straight edge of the lace.
- Pull the thread to draw the lace into a circle. Knot the thread. Then, stitch the two ends of the lace together.
- Hot glue the center of the lace circle to a plain hair clip.
- Take the 12" string of pearls and wrap it around three fingers. Tie two or three strands of thread tightly around the center of the string.
- Hot glue the center of the string of pearls to the center of the lace (which is already attached to the hair clip).
- If one end of the pearls seems too long, simply trim it with a pair of scissors.
Your hair bow is now ready to wear. Enjoy!
Make a running stitch along the straight edge
Draw it up in a circle then sew the ends together